Social media is a powerful channel used to share news about what's going on in your area and connect with your audience online. You can find guidelines about setting up an official university account here, as well as some tips for social media success.
See a list official Appalachian social media accounts representing university programs, departments and administrative units.
Guidelines, Best Practices and Resources
These resources are intended to assist campus social media users to effectively and properly portray, promote, and protect the institution. Learn more about Social Media Guidelines and Best Practices.
Request a post or share
Use the Social Media Request Form to submit requests for social media posts and shares on Appstate's official social media sites maintained by University Communications.
The Conversation Prism
Developed in 2008 by Brian Solis, The Conversation Prism is a visual map of the social media landscape. It's an ongoing study in digital ethnography that tracks dominant and promising social networks and organizes them by how they're used in everyday life.
You can use the Conversation Prism poster in a number of ways...
- Show your executive team that social media is not a fad and that it's bigger than Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Share with your team to motivate them on new ways to think about social media.
- Celebrate that you're on the map!
- Study the landscape as you plan your next social media strategy.
- Show the world that you appreciate art.