University News serves as a liaison between Appalachian and the news media. The office promotes faculty research, student accomplishments, and campus cultural and academic events open to the public, among other topics.
If you are seeking media coverage, contact University Communications at 828-262-6156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you call
Because University News receives many story ideas and requests each month, please consider the following before initiating contact:
- It IS news if:
- Your news will be of interest to more than one audience. Be prepared to explain why.
- Your news item will happen in the coming weeks. At least two weeks’ notice is suggested to promote plays, concerts, lectures, etc. in the local media.
- Your research is being or recently has been published in a scholarly journal.
- Your event, research or other news is timely and related to current events
- It is NOT news if:
- The topic/research has already been announced.
- Workshops/conferences do not feature widely known speakers or confirmed guests, or they are not open to the public.